Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Review: BECCA Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation

 

I am a bit frustrated about my purchase of Becca Mineral Powder.  Don’t get me wrong.  I am totally inlove with the formula, the coverage, and the finish of this product but what upsets me is that I did not get the correct shade.  I am totally disappointed.

I bought this from Escentials at Paragon for about $50+ (was not able to keep the receipt) and it’s a big frustration that it is not the right shade for me.  Rapture is way too dark for my skin tone.  I am NC30 and when I tried it at home, I felt that it was a little too dark for me.  But of course, benefit of the doubt, I thought that I might just be having a “darker day” and I thought of giving it another shot.  My big mistake was, I did not even try it when I was in the store because I sort of have a full trust with beauty consultants.  But not to this one because after few days, I searched online and the shade that reviews recommend for NC30 is the shade "Dream" .

 
After the whining has been done, whew!  It feels so much better and now I can talk about the product itself.  Haha.

Coverage is amazing.  It feels light and yet the coverage is medium – heavy although it is not as heavy as MAC Studio Fix.  It is a mineral powder, but the good thing about it is there is no visible shine to it, as compared to other mineral powders.  It feels very light on the skin and looks a lot natural.

Staying Power is excellent too.  

Packaging wise is simple but on the mid-high end look with it's rubber and metal case.

 
 
Downside:  It's too tiny and it's really pricey.  But I feel that it is just fair for the quality that I am getting.

To repurchase this again?  Definitely!  But I am sure to try it in the store first, before purchasing.  =)  

This can also be purchased online, try Luxola.  They have an excellent customer service and they offer next day delivery.  The best cool thing about this online shop, they send sms to update roughly what time the delivery is arriving.  Isn't it amazing? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment